PRE-SURGERY WEIGHT LOSS RESOURCES FOR DR BRIGGS’ PATIENTS
In order to get optimal results from your surgery and minimize your risks of complications, Dr Briggs wants his patients to be at a stable weight and within a healthy weight range. Please note that Dr Briggs does NOT perform weight loss surgery, but can assist you with excess skin reduction surgery, after weight loss.
Below are some helpful weight loss resources to assist you on your Journey.
YOUR WEIGHT LOSS OPTIONS
1. For DIY Weightloss – Download the Noom App and read The Noom Mindset Book
2. Get help with Online Weightloss Coaching – Glenn Mackintosh
3. Weightloss Injectables & Medical Weightloss Support– see Weightloss GPs and Medical Weight Loss Doctors in Melbourne
- www.alevia.com.au – Medical Weight loss in East Melbourne, Caulfield North, Wantirna VIC
- www.elinaweightloss.com.au – 5 Weight loss clinics across Melbourne VIC
- www.anmg.com.au – Altona obesity clinic
- www.tfmedical.com.au – Dr Theodore Frangos in Glen Iris VIC
4. Allurion Gastric Balloon – can help you lose around 10kg – About $8k to $10k from Obesity Clinics
5. Bariatric or Weightloss Surgery with a Bariatric Surgeon – for obese patients wishing to lose more than 15kg – Around $15k to $25k depending on your health insurance and medicare rebates.
Bariatric Surgeon Dr Arun Dhir Website and E-Books offer weight loss resources and mindset help
Read Dr Briggs, blog on losing weight before surgery
Dr Patrick Briggs Melbourne
Dr Patrick Briggs FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) is a Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon.
Both he and his team are dedicated to patient care and are committed to treating each and every patient with respect and privacy.
Want more information about your Procedure?
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- If you like, please bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents your surgeon provides.
- You may need to undress so it’s a good idea to wear simple clothes.
The information provided in this article is for educational and informational proposes. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this article. The author and publisher of this article make no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, or completeness of the content of this article. The information contained in this article is strictly at your own risk.