Does Dr Briggs Operate on International or Interstate Travelling Patients?
For many years Dr Briggs reputation as a specialist in plastic and cosmetic surgery has drawn travelling patients from both around Australia (Interstate) and Internationally.
Dr Briggs has significant experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures. This is combined with a dedication to exceptional pre and post-operative care
Your time is valuable and our goal at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery is for you and your visit to be as relaxing and comfortable as possible.
The resources for travelling patients provided on our website are designed to help us meet your goal but in addition, Dr Briggs has a team of highly skilled nurses and administrative staff who have worked alongside Dr Briggs for many years and will be able to assist you with any enquiries, so please just ask.
Follow-Up Care in Melbourne for Travelling Patients – if you’re having SURGERY with us, but live in a different State or Country
If you are a travelling patient you will probably NOT be permitted to fly for at least a few weeks after surgery (ask Dr Briggs for recommendations and be sure you follow them, as flying too soon after surgery can increase your risks).
Follow Up plan for your surgery:
- HOSPITAL STAY
- A comfortable and relaxing stay in a quality Hospital to recuperate
- DISCHARGE to a new supported facility
- Discharge to a supporter’s home in Melbourne or
- To a Medi-Hotel with Nurse support
- POST OP in about 1-10 days
- Your post-op visit to the practice is determined by your Surgeon
- Typically it occurs approximately 1 week to 10 days after Surgery
- At this first in-clinic follow up, we check surgical results, change the dressings and give you additional post-op instructions
- 8 WEEK POST OP REVIEW
- Your 8 Week Review is held at the practice location/clinic
- If you live elsewhere, you’ll need to return for this 8-week review
- 6 MONTH and 12 MONTH Follow up reviews
- You’ll need to attend your 6 Month Review & your 12-month review and annual reviews thereafter
- Some but not all reviews MAY be able to be facilitated Virtually depending on your Surgery and at-home After Care or local nearby Surgeons
- ANNUAL Reviews (as required) – will need an item code and a current General Practitioner (GP) or Medical Specialist referral.
Dr Patrick Briggs Melbourne
Dr Patrick Briggs FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) is a Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon.
Both he and his team are dedicated to patient care and are committed to treating each and every patient with respect and privacy.
Want more information about your Procedure?
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- If you like, please bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents your surgeon provides.
- You may need to undress so it’s a good idea to wear simple clothes.
The information provided in this article is for educational and informational proposes. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this article. The author and publisher of this article make no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, or completeness of the content of this article. The information contained in this article is strictly at your own risk.