Mini Facelift Perth
Mini Facelift Surgery in Perth, WA
What is a Mini Facelift?
A mini facelift, also known as short scar facelift or a mini Rhytidectomy is a modified version of the traditional facelift surgery, where your plastic surgeon makes small incisions around your hairline and in front of your ear to lift the lower half of your face to correct minor sagging in your skin and gives you a youthful look.
It defers from the traditional variant of facelift because it uses smaller incisions as compared to a full facelift and has a quicker recovery time. This procedure is generally reserved for younger patients.
What are the Benefits of Mini Facelift?
- It helps in reversing the signs of ageing
- Makes your skin tight and reduces wrinkling
- Improves self-confidence
- Help get rid of marionette lines present below the nasolabial folds
- Adds volume to your face
- Gives you facial rejuvenation that lasts for several years
- Gives you a well-defined jawline
You should discuss your conditions and the benefits of undergoing a mini facelift with your surgeon before going through with the procedure to see if the surgery is the correct fit for you.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mini Facelift?
A mini lift may be the procedure for you if:
- You are in your late 40s or early 50s and are unhappy with how your face looks
- Sagging skin in your face is causing you to lose your self-confidence.
- You want to get rid of the Marionette lines in your cheek.
- You need mild to moderate tightening for your skin.
- You want to give your face a youthful appearance.
A mini facelift is however not the surgery for you if you have severe face wrinkling and loose neck skin. Traditional facelift surgery would be the best approach for you.
Book a consultation today if you are any of the candidates mentioned above for the procedure.
Want to see more ‘real patient’ Mini Facelift before and after surgery photographs, performed in Accredited Perth Hospitals by Dr Briggs, a highly experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon?
Your Mini Facelift Journey
During your consultation, the first phase of your mini facelift journey you will have an in-depth discussion with your plastic surgeon about the procedure, and to see if you meet the criteria to undergo the procedure. Dr Briggs will take a detailed medical history, he will also ask you about your goals for the procedure. Here you need to be honest and reasonable about your expectations as this can help you in getting your desired outcome. Dr Briggs will explain the modality of the procedure in full to you along with the risks involved.
You will be expected to:
- Not drink or eat for at least 6 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid using aspirin or other blood-thinning medications for at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
- Avoid smoking for at least 4 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid taking alcohol at least 2 days before the surgery.
This is the second phase of the journey; the operation is done under local anesthesia or under general anesthesia depending on the preference of your and your surgeon’s advice.
- A small incision is made at the hairline extending up to and behind the ears, the excess skin and tissue is removed simultaneously.
- The skin is pulled up to meet the incisions and sutured tightly with both internal and external stitches.
- The scar formed in the mini facelift is small and can be easily concealed.
The surgery takes about an hour to complete, if performed under general anaesthetic you will be out of the hospital on the same day of surgery after monitoring for a few hours postoperatively. You will be advised to come for a few follow up appointments to ensure the healing process is going well.
Recovering from a Mini Facelift
Downtime is considerably less in Mini facelift surgery, you can resume light activities from the day of surgery itself.
You will be sent home with a dressing and compression garment over your stitches; you can appreciate the changes after these bandages have been removed 2-3 days after the surgery. Stitches will be removed at approximately one week postoperatively.
Dr Briggs will prescribe you antibiotics and pain medication for post-operative pain and prevention of infection. You will need to refrain from strenuous activities for at least two weeks following the surgery. Normal work however can be started from the day after the surgery itself.
Cease smoking and avoid alcohol, as they delay the healing process.
Any form of discomfort or complaints in this period should be brought to the attention of your surgeon.
How Much Does A Facelift Cost?
Average Mini Facelift surgery prices in Perth, Australia vary depending on who you choose and what approach they believe will suit you best. The costs for the mini lift procedure can change considerably depending on anaesthetic, hospital admission or if other procedures are added. It depends on what procedure you’re having and if you’re combining surgery (such as an eyelid lift, neck lift or chin augmentation).
What Is Included in My Quote?
Your mini facelift surgery will be discussed and recommendations or options will be offered by Dr Briggs. You will then be given a detailed quote for your chosen procedure. This will include a Surgeon fee, Anaesthetist fee and the hospital fees. There is a waiting period before you can have/schedule surgery due to cosmetic surgery elective procedure guidelines. An approximate range of out-of-pocket expense for your Mini Facelift surgery can be provided over the phone from Dr Briggs administrative team – call us on (08) 9381 9300
To gain a general understanding of the costs and spending involved in your chosen surgical procedure feel free to contact us at any time. You can also find out more about how to pay for your surgery in this article – How Can I Pay For Plastic Surgery?
Mini Face Lift Risks & Complications
As is the case with every surgery, mini facelift also poses a certain amount of risks and you must understand these associated possible risks and complications. It is important to discuss any concerns prior to surgey with Dr Briggs to ensure that you are making the right decision for you.
Risks may include but are not limited to:
- Complications related to anaesthesia like nausea and vomiting.
- Pain, swelling and bruising immediately after your surgery
- Temporary loss of sensation at the site of incision
- Infection at the incision site
- Excessive Bleeding
- Distorted earlobes
- Pulled back the appearance of the face if too much skin is removed.
The associated risks are significant, so you should procure the surgery from a fully qualified surgeon to reduce the chance of these risks.
Seek immediate assistance from your surgeon if you feel something is not right.
Frequently Asked Question
A mini facelift is a modified version of the traditional facelift surgery, where your plastic surgeon makes small incisions around your hairline to lift the lower half of your face to correct minor sagging in your skin by removing excess tissues and gives you a youthful look.
No the results of a mini facelift are not permanent. You can expect the results to last for 2-5 years following a mini lift surgery.
The main difference is that the Mini Facelift surgery involves shorter incisions in the skin and remove excess skin only, it does not address the slack facial muscles.
Another difference between these procedures is that the Mini Facelift offers more subtle results than a full facelift. It is ideal for patients with a mild to moderate degree of skin laxity. It can help to lift the skin for a youthful look but cannot get rid of prominent jowls or treat the entire mid-face area, for which full facelift is ideal.
Mini Facelift has a much shorter downtime, compared to a traditional facelift. Most patients return to work within a week of undergoing the procedure. Pain, swelling, and bruising associated with the surgery is also less when compared to a full facelift, because of the smaller incision.
A mini facelift is less costly when compared to a full facelift.
The results of a mini facelift are short-lasting when compared to that of a traditional facelift. Results of mini facelifts can last for about 2-5 years following surgery whereas results obtained from traditional facelifts last a decade more.
A mini facelift is ideal only to address light to moderate ageing of the face, so it is recommended for younger patients who are just beginning to show signs of facial ageing. Patients with more severe sagging, deep wrinkles, and whole mid-face muscle laxity will require a full facelift. Full facelift in conjunction with neck lift gives the best result in significant mid-face and neck laxity.
Mini facelift surgery addresses only the upper part of the neck, for significant neck muscle laxity, a full facelift is required along with a neck lift for best results.
Yes, they can be done under local anaesthesia.
As it is an invasive procedure, mild to moderate pain can be expected after a mini facelift. It can easily be alleviated by pain medications.
Possible risks and complications associated with mini facelift include. Pain, swelling, and bruising immediately after surgery. Temporary loss of sensation and infection at the incision site, excessive bleeding, startled appearance of the face, and excess scarring.
To reduce the chance of occurrence of these risks, you should always undergo a mini facelift from an experienced specialist plastic surgeon.
At what age should you ideally get a mini lift?
The mini-lift is best when done when the signs of facial ageing are just beginning to show. If you are in your late 40s or early 50s and signs of ageing are beginning to show and want to get rid of them, this procedure is for you.
Yes, it is possible, with the newest techniques and an experienced surgeon you can achieve a natural look with fuller cheeks and a chiselled jawline.
No. Health insurance companies typically don’t cover surgeries that you choose to get without a medical reason. So you should expect to pay the full costs yourself.
A mini facelift can be done in isolation or can be done along with the following procedures to give a much-enhanced look to your face.
- Eye Lift: Also known as Blepharoplasty, is a procedure done to remove excess skin from the upper eyelid and bag-like appearance of your lower eyelid. It gives a more youthful appearance to your face when done along with a mini facelift.
- Brow Lift: Also known as a forehead lift is a cosmetic procedure wherein your brow is raised which improves the appearance of the forehead, brow, and area around the eyes. A brow lift is a procedure for you along with a mini facelift if you have a low, sagging brow or brow asymmetry.
- When done along with mini lift, the results of mini lift are maximised and more visible; as both upper and lower half of face are taken care of.
- Neck Lift: Also known as Platysmaplasty is a surgical procedure in which an excessive amount of skin and fat is removed from your neck to counteract age-related sagging, wrinkling and provide a slim appearance to your neck and lower face. It gives a more defined appearance when done along with a mini facelift. In combination, these surgeries give you a much well-defined jawline.
Your surgeon will tell you about all these options during the process of counselling to get the best possible result for you.
If you are in the early stages of ageing and age-related changes are just beginning to show in your face, and you are primarily concerned with jowls and want to get rid of it using a minimally invasive surgery, a mini facelift is worth it. Apart from the physical changes, it will give your self-confidence and inner self a boost too.
Why Choose Dr. Patrick Briggs?
Dr. Patrick Briggs is a highly skilled Specialist Plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience, he has received training in the USA, England, and Ireland.
His primary clinic is in Perth, Western Australia and also consults and operates in Melbourne, at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery. He is an ASPS certified plastic surgeon who performs surgeries with innovative and up-to-date approaches. He is an expert in face, breast, and body surgeries in men and women. He offers high quality and more natural-looking plastic surgery results.
About Our Plastic Surgeon – Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast)
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 08 9381 9300 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Book a consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs by paying a $100 deposit over the phone and the remainder of the consultation fee of $150 at your appointment.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
- Browse our website, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.