Face Lift Surgery in Perth
A face lift, technically known as a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure used to give a more youthful appearance. It usually involves the removal of excess facial skin, with or without the tightening of underlying tissues, and the redraping of the skin on the patients face.
The procedure helps to lift and firm sagging facial tissues to restore a more naturally youthful facial appearance. It is often said that having a facelift works to ‘turn back the clock’, helping you to look more like a younger version of yourself.
What are the benefits of having a Face Lift?
To Help Reverse the Obvious Signs Of Ageing, A Face Lift Procedure Can Help To:
- Reduce excess, sagging skin along the jaw and jowls
- Restore a more defined jawline
- Tighten up the face for a firmer facial appearance
- Decrease the lines around your lower jowls, chin and lips
- Lift and tighten the deep facial muscles to refresh your facial appearance
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
- Are you tired of looking in the mirror and being confronted by how much you’ve aged?
- Do you now have sagging jowls or an aged appearance to your jawline, lower face and neck?
- Do you wish you could turn back the clock a little to regain a firmer, younger facial appearance?
- Are you mistaken for being much older than you really are?
- Do you feel less visible in society as your face has started to show its age?
- Have you declined social invitations or become self-conscious when going out?
Some of the reasons you may be exploring your facial rejuvenation surgical options are:
- You have unwanted loose, sagging, or excess skin on the mid and lower face as well as the upper neck.
- You have a constant tired or worried look, even though you’re well-rested, and would like to rejuvenate your appearance to better express how you feel inside.
- You have jowls around the lower areas of your face that can often make you look heavier than you actually are.
- You would like to reduce deep lines and/or wrinkled skin around your mouth, chin or jawline that cause your face to look severely aged.
- You have sagging lower jowls or loose skin around the sides of your chin and your jawline that causes your jawline to blend into your neck.
It is important to note that facelifts do not address overall skin texture, skin thickness, or wrinkling and creases around the nose and mouth. Instead, modern facelifting techniques are designed to correct sagging, loose skin and reposition fat and tissues to add volume back to the face.
Want to see more ‘real patient’ Facelift before and after surgery photographs, performed in Accredited Perth Hospitals by Dr Briggs, a highly experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon?
What Can I Expect During Surgery?
The process of undergoing facelift surgery with us will consist of three main stages. The first is the pre-surgery consultation where Dr Briggs will conduct an in-depth analysis of your suitability for surgery. The second stage will be the surgery itself, and the final stage will be aftercare and advice.
During all these stages we continue to respect and listen to our patient’s needs and expectations, this helps to ensure that the most positive result possible is achieved for everyone involved, but most importantly the patient.
Typically, Facelift Surgery will take between 2-4 hours. The time taken to complete your procedure will depend on the surgical approach taken by Dr Patrick Briggs.
The exact technique used during a facelift depends on a number of factors, including your facial anatomy, the extent of the facelift, and whether or not another procedure is being performed at the same time.
Depending on the particular surgical approach for a facelift, a local anaesthetic or a general anaesthetic will be administered for your comfort during your surgical procedure.
Risks and Complications of the Face Lift Surgery
When a facelift is performed, complications are infrequent and usually minor. Still, individuals vary greatly in their anatomy, their physical reactions, and their healing abilities, and the outcome is never completely predictable. You can reduce your risks by closely following your surgeon’s advice both before and after surgery.
It is important to remember, this surgery is not an exact science and miracles cannot be performed in the operating theatre. A facelift is a serious and lengthy surgery so there are certainly risks to consider. That noted, it can help provide an improved quality of life in those areas of life that were compromised by your concerns about excess or sagging skin, and deep line and wrinkles on your face.
Facelift surgery incurs risks and complications like all invasive surgery. Dr Briggs will make you aware of potential complications during your consultation. Like general anaesthesia, bleeding (Haematoma), infection, wound healing, deep vein thrombosis, scarring and numbness. Always stay informed and healthy, do not smoke before or after your procedure and read and understand your risks.
Recovering from Facelift Surgery
The length of your recovery period will depend on your specific procedure and other health & lifestyle factors. Recovery times can vary significantly from person to person. The general rule, however, is that you should allow 2-4 weeks for initial recovery following your surgery. Scar maturation can take up to a year.
You will need to work with Dr Briggs to allow for adequate and proper healing time. It is important to consult with him before returning to daily activities such as driving, lifting and exercise.
It is also important to wear the post-operative compression garments throughout your recovery period for the designated time frames.
Good results depend on a collaborative approach and a healthy lifestyle. You will need to be willing to follow the specific instructions given to you by Dr Briggs and his team and attend all post-operative appointments.
Maintaining Your Results
Please keep in mind that your results from Facelift surgery or may be impacted by fluctuations in your skin health or weight, as well as the effects of gravity and the natural process of ageing as well as climate and environment.
Although a Facelift will help to rejuvenate and refresh your facial appearance, it does not stop the process of ageing.
To maximise the longevity of your Facelift surgery results, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. We also recommend following a regular, high-quality, anti-ageing skincare regime.
How Much Does A Facelift Cost?
Average Facelift surgery prices in Perth, Australia vary depending on who you choose and what approach they believe will suit you best. A Specialist Plastic Surgeon may start from $20,000 but this can change considerably if other procedures are added. It depends on what procedure you’re having and if you’re combining surgery (such as an Eyelid lift and facelift, or a lower facelift with a chin augmentation).
The qualifications and expertise of the Surgeon performing your operation also count. Dr Briggs can offer you a price range for your surgery depending on the type of procedure, hospital and how long you are in hospital.
What Is Included in My Quote?
Option for your facelift surgery will be discussed and recommendations or options will be offered by Dr Briggs. You will then be given a detailed quote for your chosen procedure. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee and the hospital fees. There is a waiting period before you can have/schedule surgery due to cosmetic surgery elective procedure guidelines. An approximate range of out-of-pocket expense for your Facelift surgery can be provided over the phone from Dr Briggs administrative team – call us on (08) 9381 9300
To gain a general understanding of the costs and spending involved in your chosen surgical procedure feel free to contact us at any time. You can also find out more about how to pay for your surgery in this article – How Can I Pay For Plastic Surgery?
About Our Plastic Surgeon – Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast)
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 08 9381 9300 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Book a consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs by paying a $100 deposit over the phone and the remainder of the consultation fee of $150 at your appointment.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
- Browse our website, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.