Cosmetic Facial Procedures in Perth
Dr Patrick Briggs conducts a wide variety of cosmetic facial procedures that are tailored to the unique and individual requirements of our patients. We conduct all our facial procedures to the highest possible standards and always aim to keep our patients fully informed of the options that are open to them.
We believe that our ethical approach to the work that we do helps to build trust between us and all of our potential patients. We have been operating successfully for many years in the wonderful city of Perth, and it is only by working honestly and openly with all of our patients that we have been able to build such long-standing and successful patient relationships.
Common Cosmetic Facial Procedures
What is Facial Surgery?
This is a group of surgical procedures that provides facial rejuvenation by removing excess skin or fat and by tightening the skin on your face, eyes, nose, forehead, neck, jaw, and lip area.
Wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, sagging jowls, and other visible signs of aging are inevitable. In addition to the effects of time on your skin, several factors such as prolonged sun exposure, genetics, medications, smoking, and repeated facial expressions can also play an integral part in the development of these skin imperfections. If you want to achieve smoother, radiant, and younger-looking skin on your face, facial surgery might be right for you.
Am I a Good Candidate?
During your consultation, your surgeon will assess your condition, body type, health history and aesthetic goals to determine if face surgery is right for you. In general, you are may be able to have a face contouring procedure if:
- You are bothered by the visible signs of ageing on your face.
- You are not taking any medications that can significantly increase your risk of bleeding.
- You are willing to adhere to pre and post-surgical instructions.
- You don’t have a bleeding or clotting disorder.
- You don’t have any chronic debilitating disease.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have a positive outlook on life.
- You have realistic treatment goals.
- You have wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, sagging jowls, and other visible signs of ageing.
What are the Benefits?
Whether it’s a facelift procedure or an eyelid reduction, undergoing facial surgery can give you the following benefits:
- Improved visual function
- Improved outlook in life
- Increased self-esteem
- Smoother, radiant, rejuvenated facial skin
- Lifted more refreshed look
Real patient results of facial surgery.
What are the Most Popular Facial Surgery Procedures?
The following are the most common facial plastic surgery procedures:
- Buccal fat pad removal: Removes excess fat and tissue from your cheeks to achieve a more balanced and contoured appearance.
- Cheek augmentation: Enhances the appearance of your cheeks by using a synthetic material known as an implant.
- Chin reduction: Achieves a more defined chin by detaching and reshaping the bone at the tip of your chin.
- Chin remodelling: Improves the appearance of your chin by augmenting an overly small chin with implants or removing excess bone to correct a large chin.
- Eyelid surgery: Removes folds and bags under your eyes by removing excess skin and fat.
- Facelift: Tightens the facial skin by removing excess skin and tissue and using sutures to reshape your face.
- Neck lift: Removes loose skin and fatty deposits on your neck to achieve a rejuvenated appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most elective surgeries such as facial rejuvenation procedures are done in a hospital under general anaesthetic. To ensure that you will be admitted to the best medical facility, ask whether if the hospital or centre is accredited by the Western Australian Health Department
Several factors will affect the clinical outcome of your surgery including your surgeon’s skills, the type and extent of your surgery, how you care for your wound, and how you adhere to post-surgical instructions. In general, the results of facial surgery are permanent and can last for several years. However, you may need another surgery at some point in your life to maintain your younger-looking skin.
The average prices and costs of facial surgery vary as every patient has different medical conditions and treatment goals. During your consultation, your surgeon will provide you with a customised estimate and price range for your desired facial contouring procedure.
In most cases, your insurance plan will not cover your facial surgery expenses because it is considered “elective surgery”. To reduce your financial burden, you will provide you with financing options during your consultation. More information can be found here
Your recovery time will greatly depend on the type and extent of your face contouring procedure as well as your desired cosmetic goals. It is important to keep in mind that the recovery period may vary from patient to patient. In general, you normally experience discomfort and tightness in your face following your procedure. Any tenderness that you may feel can be managed by mild pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. If you are stable, your surgeon will allow you to go home and will provide you with instructions regarding how to care for your surgical wounds, medications to take at home, and when to return for follow-up. You will also be advised to refrain from strenuous activities to prevent tension on your suture lines.
Like other surgical procedures, face surgery also has its risks. When recovering at home, it is important to watch out for the following signs and symptoms associated with your procedure:
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia
- Changes in your facial sensation
- Delayed wound healing
- Facial weakness
- Increasing pain in your face
- Numbness in one or both sides of your face
- Pus draining from your wound
- Severe swelling
- Skin discolouration
- Skin loss
- Sutures that protrude through the skin
- Unwanted scarring
- Wound dehiscence
Anesthesia – Drugs used during a surgical procedure to relieve pain and other discomforts.
Anti-inflammatories – Medications that suppress inflammation.
Hematoma – Visible pooling of blood under your skin.
Hemorrhage – Uncontrolled bleeding
Jowls – Sagging skin that is located on your jawline.
Wound dehiscence – Partial or total separation of wound edges after it has been sutured.
Choosing the Best Plastic Surgeon in Australia
There are huge differences between cosmetic surgeons and plastic surgeons with respect to their education, training, qualifications, operating rights and more. Dr Patrick Briggs is a highly experienced plastic surgery expert and member of FRCS, ISAPS, ASAPS and ASPS, all of which are protected medical titles and ensure a certain (minimum) level of expertise and experience. Moreover, he is a specialist plastic surgeon that is qualified to operate in accredited hospitals around Australia.
Plastic Versus Cosmetic Surgeons
There are definite benefits to choosing a plastic surgeon over a cosmetic surgeon, and it is important for you to know who your surgeon really is. Advertising is often deceptive, and “cosmetic surgeons” are NOT specialist plastic surgeons. A cosmetic surgeon could just be a regular GP who has decided to perform body surgery, whereas a qualified specialist plastic surgeon will have years of study and membership from their governing body (ASAPS, ASPS, ASPS-USA, ISAPS).
Unfortunately, it doesn’t require much training to become a ‘cosmetic surgeon’ in Australia, the existing medical laws allow almost any doctor with basic qualifications to perform these surgeries, should they choose to. Not all surgeons who perform all body surgeries on Perth have extensive training.
Why Choose Dr Briggs?
Dr Briggs is a highly skilled and well-trained Specialist Plastic Surgeon with experience in all fields of cosmetic surgery. He has worked in the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery for over 20 years and is specialised in body procedures.
He performs surgeries with extreme precision and up-to-date approaches. Book a consultation now to begin your journey.
About Our Plastic Surgeon – Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast)
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 08 9381 9300 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Book a consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs by paying a $100 deposit over the phone and the remainder of the consultation fee of $150 at your appointment.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
- Browse our website, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.