Mummy Makeover in Melbourne
Mummy Makeover Surgery in Melbourne, VIC
What is Mummy Makeover Surgery?
Mummy makeover surgery is a combination of procedures that help restore the shape and appearance of a woman’s body after pregnancy. Usually performed as a single-stage procedure a Mummy Makeover involves a Breast Augmentation, with or without a breast lift,/Mastopexy and an Abdominoplasty.
The surgical approach and techniques involved in mummy makeover surgery will vary depending on multiple factors as well as your desired outcomes. Dr Patrick Briggs will ultimately advise you on the best surgical approach for you to help you achieve your post-pregnancy body transformation.
The ability to combine multiple plastic surgery procedures into a single surgical session is a great advantage of the Mummy Makeover Surgery. For you, this means only one operation, one anaesthetic and one post-operative recovery period. For Mums with young children and busy schedules, one recovery time may be the best option.
As well as the benefits mentioned above when procedures are combined it may also result in a cost-benefit to you. When procedures are scheduled together, you can save money on hospital and anaesthesia fees.
The obvious, physical benefits of the Mummy Makeover procedure are restored volume and lifted breasts from the Breast Augmentation and/or Breast Lift Surgery and a redefined waistline and abdominal muscle repair from the trauma of pregnancy with an Abdominoplasty.
The breast procedures will also help to improve or correct your nipple appearance by reshaping and repositioning drooping or enlarged nipples that may have become stretched following breastfeeding and weight fluctuations. A Mummy Makeover can help to restore a youthful, ‘perkier’ breast appearance, enhance your cleavage, waistline and body contours.
What are the benefits of Mummy Makeover Surgery?
- Increase the volume and size of smaller breasts
- Add volume fullness and firmness to breasts and cleavage
- Improve breast profile and fullness post-pregnancy
- Create fullness in your breast area
- Enhance ‘side-boob’ proportions
- Improve the look of uneven or asymmetrical breasts
- Improve the overall breast and nipple appearance
- Restore breasts to a more central, firmer or higher position on the chest wall.
- If you are generally happy with your breast size but not how they look due to sagging nipples or low-hanging breast tissue, this procedure may be for you.
- Breast Lift procedures reposition and/or resize your nipples to a more central location on the chest.
- Restore your breasts to the position and shape they once were before they were affected by gravity, skin ageing, pregnancy, and breastfeeding or weight changes.
- Removes excess, loose skin and persistent bulges around your tummy area following pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Decreases bulges & sagging skin around your abdomen, which stops you from wearing fitted clothing and feeling confident
- Balances out your physique to match other areas that have “bounced back after pregnancy
- Repair and gain greater control of your abdominal muscle wall that weakened or separated (Diastasis Recti) as a result of pregnancy
Am I a Good Candidate?
Are you concerned with:
- Deflated breasts with lack of volume (flat-looking chests)
- Mildly drooping breasts (mild ptosis)
- Uneven or lopsided breasts (asymmetric breasts)
- Redundant abdominal skin
- Abdominal muscle separation post-pregnancy
- An unwanted persistent abdominal bulge that is unresponsive to exercise.
Then you may be a good candidate for Mummy Makeover Surgery.
What should I know about having Mummy Makeover Surgery?
Dr Briggs will guide you in choosing the combination of procedures to best suit your desired outcome. You will need to discuss the options surrounding implants, breast lift and abdominoplasty approaches and your goals to get the best possible results.
There are many aspects to consider when planning for Mummy Makeover Surgery, including:
- Breast Implant Types
- Breast Augmentation vs Breast Lift or a combination
- Abdominoplasty recovery times
- Muscle repair and Diastasis Recti
- Medicare and Private Health Insurance coverage
The combination of Breast Augmentation, Mastopexy and Abdominoplasty generally lasts for 3-4 hours (this will vary from patient to patient) and is performed while you are under general anaesthesia.
Medications and General Anaesthesia are administered by an ANZCA recognised Specialist Anaesthetist for your safety and well-being during your surgical procedure.
Recovery from Mummy Makeover Surgery
Your recovery period and the time required to heal post-surgery will depend on your specific procedures and other health & lifestyle factors. Following the combined procedures as part of the Mummy Makeover recovery times can vary significantly from person to person. Typically, you can expect to allow 4-6 weeks for initial recovery following your surgery but prepare for a further 2 weeks to be sure. Scar maturation often takes longer, up to a year or so.
You will need to work with Dr Briggs to allow for adequate and proper healing time. It is important to discuss with Dr Briggs and his team before returning to daily activities such as driving, lifting and exercise.
Following surgery, it is essential to wear the post-operative compression garments throughout your recovery period for the required time frames. Optimal results depend on a collaborative approach and a healthy lifestyle. You will need to be willing to follow the specific instructions given to you by Dr Briggs and attend all post-operative appointments.
Breast Augmentation/Breast Lift
Your Recovery & Healing period begins after surgery, although you will be able to see the results of your Breast Augmentation/Breast Lift Surgery almost immediately, it can take up to 4-6 weeks for post-surgical swelling to resolve properly.
You will need to wear a compression garment up to 6 weeks, in some instances longer, after your surgery to enhance your results. There are many options for Tummy Tuck post-surgery compression garments Dr Briggs will provide you with information to guide you and help you choose the best one for your body and procedure.
The final results may be initially obscured by swelling and inflammation. This swelling will begin to minimise within the first two weeks following your surgery and will continue to improve throughout your recovery period.
Incision lines can take from 12 to 18 months to fully mature, and scar formation can vary from patient to patient. These scars are like any other surgical scar, with the correct aftercare and compliance they should heal to a nearly unnoticeable appearance.
Be sure to follow our instructions carefully after surgery to minimise your scars. No unapproved creams or treatments to the area, always check with Dr Briggs or his nursing staff first.
Maintaining Your Mummy Makeover Results
Every patient is unique and surgery results can vary from patient to patient. It is important to work collaboratively with Dr Briggs and to keep your expectations realistic.
Please keep in mind that your results from the Mummy Makeover procedures may be impacted by fluctuations in your weight, skin health or Body Mass Index (BMI). Pregnancy and breastfeeding may also impact on your surgical results following your surgery.
To maximise the longevity of your Mummy Makeover results, it is important to maintain a healthy, nutritious lifestyle.
Mummy Makeover Cost
All Surgery is customised and Dr Briggs will give you a cost for Mummy Makeover surgery depending on the type of procedures you are having, the hospital you attend and the length of your stay.
At your initial consultation, you are given a detailed quote. This will include your Dr Briggs’ fee, Anaesthetist fee and the hospital fees.
We also provide information on Private Health Insurance, a breast augmentation payment plan plus other different ways to pay for Mummy Makeover surgery.
Risks and Complications
The combination of procedures involved in Mummy Makeover surgeries, like any invasive surgery incurs risks and complications. It is sensible when researching surgeond to choose a highly trained and experienced specialist plastic surgeon with extensive breast augmentation to reduce your surgery risks.
Dr Briggs will discuss all potential complications during a consultation. Like general anaesthesia, bleeding (haematoma), infection, wound healing, deep vein thrombosis, scarring, numbness and altered sensation. Constantly stay educated, be healthy, do not smoke before or after your procedure and understand your risks.
Why Choose Dr Patrick Briggs?
With a wealth of experience and training, Dr Patrick Briggs is dedicated to best practice patient care and education, customising Breast Enlargement Surgery for each and every patient to best meet their needs and desired surgical outcomes.
Dr Patrick Briggs fully qualified with current ASPS and ASAPS memberships. Also, when choosing a Plastic Surgeon word of mouth is always a great way to gain further knowledge.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation and Lift and also Removal and Replacement of Implants.
About Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast) - Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 1300 264 811 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Your initial Consultation Booking Fee with a Specialist Surgeon is $300 and your booking fee is paid ahead of your appointment and will secure your consultation date. You can pay by phone by calling us to book an appointment time. We have online payment methods if necessary.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- It can be helpful to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our websites, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.