Breast Implant Removal/Explant
What is Breast Implant Removal?
Breast Implant Removal or Explant as is sometime referred to is a surgical procedure for patients who are experiencing post-surgical complications with their breast implants such as a rupture, capsular contracture (when breast implants become misshapen or firm) or for those patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their current breast implants.
The reasons for Removal of Breast Implants and Revision Breast Surgery can vary. You may be concerned about the impact your Breast Implants will have on your ability to breastfeed, or in more serious cases, a problem may have developed with your breast implants, such as your breast implant ‘bottoming out’, or a ruptured/deflated breast implant. You may also be concerned about BII or risks of textured implants and BIA-ALCL, or it may simply be that you no longer feel your breast implants fit your physique or lifestyle.
What are the Benefits of a Breast Implant Removal Procedure?
There are times when people who get Breast Implant Surgery aren’t happy with their results in the medium to longer term.
Breast Implant Removal Surgery can help with:
- Breast Implant Complications like implant malposition, double bubble, rupture, capsular contracture
- Life events and other lifestyle changes such as weight loss that may make you want a change in your bra cup size
- Concerns about breastfeeding with implants
- Continually Feeling Ill, having Allergies or unusual symptoms relating to the implant or BII
- Feeling your breast implants no longer suit your body shape or lifestyle
About Our Plastic Surgeon – Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast)
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 08 9381 9300 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Book a consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs by paying a $100 deposit over the phone and the remainder of the consultation fee of ($150) at your appointment.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
- Browse our website, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.