Excessive Sweating Treatment
Excessive sweating treatment is used in the case of Hyperhidrosis, a common disorder affecting many people in Perth. It usually affects the armpits but can also cause excessive foot, palm and facial sweating.
It is thought that hyperhidrosis is a result of over activity of the sympathetic nervous system. Sweating is often uncontrollable, embarrassing and not anticipated.
Normal sweating is needed for skin hydration and thermal regulation. However in people suffering from hyperhidrosis, sweating exceeds the body’s need for physiological thermal regulation.
Affected people are constantly aware of their condition and try to modify their lifestyle to accommodate this problem. This can be disabling in professional, academic and social life, causing daily embarrassment. Many routine tasks become impossible chores, which can psychologically drain these individuals on a constant basis.
Wrinkle Relaxers has the effect of blocking nerve impulses. This can cause muscle weakness and, in the case of hyperhidrosis, stop the sympathetic nerves stimulating sweat glands. Tiny amounts of toxin are injected directly into the skin where excessive sweating occurs e.g. armpits. The treatment is uncomfortable rather than painful and after the treatment the effects can reduce or stop sweating for up to a year.
A medicare rebate is applicable if you bring a referral from your GP and meet the Medicare requirements.
With TGA regulations in Australia, it is illegal for us to name any cosmetic product on our website. They are class S4 medication to be administered by a trained Registered Nurse or Doctor. To find out what product we use for this treatment or for a costing please contact us.
About Our Plastic Surgeon – Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast)
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 08 9381 9300 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Book a consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs by paying a $100 deposit over the phone and the remainder of the consultation fee of $150 at your appointment.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
- Browse our website, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.