‘No Scar’ Arm Lift Surgery technique for saggy arms
Is a No Scar Arm Lift Surgery Possible? Well no, all surgery leads to some type of scarring. The incision lines of bilateral arm reduction surgery (also known as Brachioplasty or Arm Lift surgery) are often long. Scars after arm lift surgery tend to run along the inner arm. This normally starts at the armpit and goes down to near the elbow. Of course, there is some variation from patient to patient.
Arm Lift Surgery (Brachioplasty) – Download Dr Briggs FREE Guide
So, what can be done to reduce the visible scars after an arm lift? Dr Briggs is an expert on the precise placement of incisions for Arm lift patients. Read on to find out more.
Baggy, Saggy Arm Skin (Wings)
- Many people want thinner, more sculpted arms, so if your arms are distressing you, you’re certainly not alone.
- You may be unhappy with the appearance of sagging upper arm skin. It may look like “wings” or it might make a flapping sound when you move or exercise.
- Sagging arm skin is especially common after;
- Bariatric surgery,
- Significant weight changes
- Or, age-related hormonal changes that have impacted the skin and fat stores.
- However, some people are hesitant to get surgery because of the telltale scars.
Trade-off, thinner firmer upper arms for scars?
It can be a trade-off. In other words, you can get arms that you want in exchange for inner-arm scarring. It’s a very personal choice and depends on how much it bothers you.
Real Patient Video – Before and After Arm Reduction Surgery
Arm Scars After Surgery
It takes 12-24 months for scars to mature and start to fade.
Initially, the incision line scars are red and very noticeable for most patients. However, the scars are often not overly visible when a person has their arms by their side. Scars will mature significantly in about 12 months. At this time they often fade nicely and become far less visible. Patient results may vary, however, and some skin types are prone to more visible scars than other skin types.
Dr Briggs can discuss your skin’s resiliency and healing capacities during a personal consultation. Phone 88491444 during Clinic Hours to schedule a consultation or send in the form below. His team also provides patients with a post-surgery Rapid Recovery pack. This pack includes proven healing aids for your body and your skin.
Again, your health, lifestyle, skin condition and adherence to post-surgery advice will impact your scars from an arm lift.
Below is how Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Patrick Briggs helps patients minimise the visibility of their scars.
Before and After Arm Lift Surgery
See more Real Patient arm reduction Before and After Photos.
Dr Patrick Brigg’s special scar treatment protocols for Brachioplasty Patients who have Arm Reduction Surgery.
Many arm lift procedures involve pre-surgery liposuction, although this can vary. Liposuction incisions are often very small in nature and are treated as required. The incision line of no scar arm lift is the area where the excess skin or skin folds, along with excess fat, are surgically excised or reduced.
Arm lift surgery patients of Dr Briggs will be treated with his best-practice scar management for arm reduction surgery.
- Precision suturing without a separate dermal layer of sutures.
- Post-operative incision line (wound) taping (Dermabond Prineo) for four (4) weeks after surgery.
- Compression garments for six (6) weeks after surgery.
- Vitamin E Creme massage for six (6) weeks after the tape is removed.
- To optimise healing or if the scar becomes hypertrophic, additional therapies might be recommended, such as;
- Healite II low-level light therapy and/or Fraxel,
- Silicone Gel/Compression
- DermaPen (Micro-needling)
- Or, similar.
“Don’t let the fear of scars frighten you away from having the surgery you’re wanting,” says Dr Briggs. “These days, there’s a lot we can do for you to keep scars to a minimum. Plus, I carefully place them so as not to be visible when your arms are by your side, both from the front and back views.”
Dr Patrick Briggs Melbourne Plastic Surgeon – FRCS (Plas)
Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Clinic in Melbourne
Dr Patrick Briggs is a Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon. Both he and his team are dedicated to excellence in patient care and are committed to treating each and every patient with respect and privacy.
Not only does he offer high-quality results he also offers natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results. Furthermore, he is experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice.
How can we help?
Dr Briggs’ Patient Coordinators take pleasure in assisting you with any questions when considering a plastic surgery procedure. Please call the Hawthorn East clinic in Melbourne between 8 am – 6 pm on Weekdays.
Want more information about your Procedure?
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- If you like, please bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents your surgeon provides.
- You may need to undress so it’s a good idea to wear simple clothes.